Monday, 07 June 2010
At approximately 03:30, Israeli naval troops, reinforced by aircrafts, located nearly 1 kilometer off the coast of the al-Zahraa' beach, south of Gaza City, opened fire at a group of the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades (the armed wing of Fatah movement), killing 5 members of the group and a fisherman. The bodies of the fisherman and 1 member of the group were found on the following day. Those killed were identified as:
1. Mahmoud Khalil Mohammed Radi, 26, a fisherman from Nussairat refugee camp;
2. Fayez Nahidh Mustafa al-Fairi, 20, from Jabalya refugee camp, shot in the head;
3. Na'el Hashem Fakhri Qwaider, 34, from Gaza City, shot in the head;
4. Hamed Hussein Ahmed Thabet, 21, from al-Nussairat refugee camp, shot in the head;
5. Ibrahim Mash'our Wajeeh al-Wihaidi, 23, from Gaza City, shot in the head and the chest.
The Palestinian media quoted sources of the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades as saying that members of the Brigades wearing diving suits were training in the sea, nearly 1 kilometer away from al-Zahraa' beach, whereupon Israeli naval troops intercepted and fired at them. The Israeli media quoted sources of IOF as saying that the Israeli navy foiled an attempt of infiltration into Israel through the sea.